Friday, November 23, 2007

Christmas Ideas for kids #1

One of the things I'm occasionally asked to do is to provide ideas for suitable Christian materials that parents can give their children. I've been looking around for Christmas gifts, and here's the first of a few that I've found:


I found this book in Angus & Robertson this week. It was a refreshing change from the large display of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, which gives me the shivers (If you don't want to follow the link, just remember to never buy these books for your kids, and don't take them to see The Golden Compass unless you want them to be exposed to Anti-God ideas).

Geraldine McCaughrean writes a lot of books around medieval and fairy-like ideas, but this book is based on the birth of Jesus. She very cleverly imagines what Joseph might be wondering after his wife gives birth to the Son of God. Apart from a small reference to angels "roosting", it's a fantastic book. Well worth a look.

No comments: