Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Nasty Surprises in Children's Television

A couple of days ago, I succumbed to laziness, and allowed my daughter to watch Playschool in the afternoon. My excuse is that I was feeling ill (a six week-long chest infection tends to knock you out a little bit). However, I won't be turning on afternoon TV again. Not because of Playschool (though there are the odd occasions you have to be careful with that one...), but because of another program that came on soon afterwards.

Looking at the program, I know my kids are too young for Tutenstein, but Jakers seemed ok. It was, after all, an animated series with cute-looking pigs and cows and sheep. That was, until I walked into the TV room just as the characters started up a seance.

How do you explain why you suddenly jumped at the TV off switch then, eh?



Next time laziness hits, we'll be putting on a Colin DVD, I think...

No comments: