Last year at the Sydney Anglican Synod, a resolution was passed. It wasn't a big thing. It was just a statement that we as a Sydney church were going to pray for rain, for an end to the drought.
We've now had the wettest April in 77 years.
(I don't think they were the only ones praying, either...)
Edit: This is a very tongue-in-cheek post, by the way. We're in a "green drought", where the coast is being inundated, but inland dams are still dropping. I guess we need to keep praying!
2 comments:
I was only thinking the other night, thankyou God for the rain, we really need it, but perhaps we could have a little break. Just long enough for the trampoline to dry out, and for all the cabin fever to be jumped out?!
I know how you feel. The kids' sleep patterns are beginning to be upset by the lack of exercise during the day (though we've tried indoor races and other things to get them moving!)
Post a Comment